Thursday, March 7, 2013

Halloween Wreath

LOOK at what I never posted back in October!  What is wrong with me?!?

It's safe to say that I have an obsession with making wreaths.  To be honest, I'm not sure what to do with them year after year?  Do I save each one?  Give some away?  Continue to make them while I already have one for each season?  Eh!  Who knows!  But I'm happy as a clam when they are all done and look just as good as I pictured in my head :)

This year's Halloween wreath used another stuffed fabric ornament (not sure who is putting this on their tree...maybe that's just me though?!) AND my fav new addition of a cardstock paper coffin featuring the Moonlight paper from CTMH (just like yesterday's cards)!

This coffin actually opens and there is a little paper skeleton glued to the bottom.  It is meant to be a treat holder for candy corn and then you see more of the skeleton as you eat more of the candy, but it somehow stopped being cute for me and seemed morbid handing out a miniture paper coffin to a friend, so this is where it ended up instead...on my wreath!  And it looks darn cute if I might add :)







What do you think?  Not too shabby for using materials I hadn't used on a wreath before :)  I did hot glue my coffin on the backside to the wreath, but just pinned the skeleton on in case I ever want to replace him with something else down the road.  The spiders are little clips that I got from Michael's, as well as the glittered letters.

I took a picture of him on my front door, but prefer him inside on my mirror.  This way I don't have to worry about him getting beat up by outside elements and I can admire him more often from my couch :)

Happy Scrappin!
Mary B

No comments:

Post a Comment